Hi! I’m Arianne. Reader, blogger, all-round bookish hard-working glass-half-full kind of person. The Paper Alchemist is a book blog (a place full of snarky reviews and other features I haven’t finished writing yet) but you can also find me on Twitter.
Things to know about me:
I blog about young adult and children’s fiction. You can find out more about that here. Some recent bookish favourites include:
- Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard
- Am I Normal Yet? & How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne
- The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
- And I Darken by Kiersten White
- Love Song by Sophia Bennett
- A Darker Shade of Magic & A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
- The Next Together by Lauren James
These books, you guys. I just. I CANNOT
I’m Irish. My accent is not incomprehensible, but I do have a reasonable wariness about walking into fairy forts.
I own a cat with one eye. He likes purring and curling up in a perfect circle, but is otherwise possibly the least playful cat on the planet, on account of his only having one eye giving him licence to be Stoic and Aloof. If he was human he would be the scarred, shadowy type whose gritty backstory must only be revealed for dramatic plot reasons.
A quick list of things I love (I love a lot of things. I think it’s important to say when you love something or someone, and am very vocal about this):
- History but with dragons
- Harry Potter (Although my Hogwarts house is still up for debate.)
- Dresses with pockets
- Sarcastic livetweeting
- Girls supporting girls (Positivity! Badass ladies doing awesome things!)
Anyway, actual posts to come soon. And definitely more capital letters flailing. Look, I even have a sign-off graphic! (Thanks to excellent human Zoë Bestel for making me look vaguely professional in this regard.)