I review YA fiction, teen fiction and children’s literature. I love talking about books I’ve enjoyed or am looking forward to in features, discussions, recommendations and other creative posts. Some of my recent favourites from YA include:
- Beautiful Broken Things and A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard
- Am I Normal Yet? and How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne
- The Accident Season and Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
- And I Darken by Kiersten White
- Love Song by Sophia Bennett
- A Darker Shade of Magic and A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
- The Next Together and The Last Beginning by Lauren James
However, I rarely review adult fiction and do not review non-fiction, picture books, horror or romances. I do not review self-published books.
Star Rating Guide:
5 stars – Amazing. Adored it.
4 stars – Great. Enjoyed it. Perhaps not quite perfect.
3 stars – Liked it. Could’ve been better.
2 stars – Disliked. Poorly written or just not my cup of tea.
1 star – Terrible. Wouldn’t recommend.
4.5 stars – Brilliant. Close to perfect. Highly recommended.
3.5 stars – Liked it. A solid read, but maybe missing a spark.
2.5 stars – Average. Probably wouldn’t recommend.
1.5 stars – Really disliked. Badly written. Didn’t enjoy the book.
0.5 stars – Rare rating. Possibly a DNF, or a book that was just really awful.
The Paper Alchemist is currently closed to unsolicited review requests.