I review YA fiction, teen fiction and children’s literature. I love talking about books I’ve enjoyed or am looking forward to in features, discussions, recommendations and other creative posts. Some of my recent favourites from YA include:
- Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard
- Am I Normal Yet? & How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne
- The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
- And I Darken by Kiersten White
- Love Song by Sophia Bennett
- A Darker Shade of Magic & A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
- The Next Together by Lauren James
However, I rarely review adult fiction and do not review non-fiction, picture books, horror or romances. I do not review self-published books.
Star Rating Guide:
5 stars – Amazing read. Adored it.
4 stars – Great read. Not quite perfect.
3 stars – Liked it. An okay read, but could’ve been better.
2 stars – Not a great read. Poorly written or just not my cup of tea.
1 star – Terrible read. Wouldn’t recommend.
4.5 stars – Pretty brilliant. Close to perfect. Highly recommended.
3.5 stars – Liked it. A solid read, but maybe missing a spark.
2.5 stars – Average read. Probably wouldn’t recommend.
1.5 stars – Not a good read. Badly written. Didn’t enjoy the book.
0.5 stars – Rare rating. Possibly a DNF, or a book that was just really awful.
The Paper Alchemist is currently closed to unsolicited review requests.